I have decided to play all the games in the Ganbare Goemon series.. reasoning unclear. Not sure how much I’ll have to say about each, so these are less ‘reviews‘, and more ‘the impressions a video game leaves as it washes over me‘. I’ll probably have more to say about some than others, but in any case I’m still treating this whole thing like a big ‘ole event.
All the hard work is done already; identify your enemies, then attack. There are currently ~34 games in the series, including spin-offs, and I’ll be playing what I’m able to, 25 of ’em. Since this is quite a large undertaking, I’ll be splitting this journey up into 5 parts. Today we’ll cover:
… Sew’s Goemania!
- Mr. Goemon (1986) (ARCADE)
- Ganbare Goemon! Karakuri Dōchū (1986) (NES)
- Ganbare Goemon 2 (1989) (NES)
- Ganbare Goemon Gaiden: Kieta Ōgon Kiseru (1990) (NES)
- Ganbare Goemon: Yukihime Kyuushutsu Emaki (1991) (SNES)